Translate

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My First Tri Polish!

Today sees the first day of the Tri Polish Challenge.  It is a challenge organized by The Crumpet's Nail Tarts that will be ongoing indefinitely.  Here's how it works.  Each month Crumpet's Nail Tarts will set 3 colors for the challenge.  I then pick 1 polish for for each color and must use those exact three polishes throughout the challenge.  You have to create 4 looks with the exact same polishes, which are posted the 3rd and 4th Tuesday and Thursday of the month.  Confused?  Check out Debbie's post about the challenge HERE.

The colors for this month are coral, green and purple.  What a lovely combo.  Since I don't have a huge selection of corals in my stash, I started there.  Once the coral was picked, I looked for a coordinating purple.  Then, because my first two choices were Zoyas', I chose another Zoya for the purple, making it a Zoya month!  Here are the colors I chose.  You can find all of these gorgeous colors at Zoya's website HERE


Zoya Willow

The Zoya website describes Willow this way:  

"Soft pale coral orange with a subtle hint of tan and delicate silver frost. A light shade that borders on nude and flatters summer skin."  Such a lovely color!  This image appears more pink than IRL, which you will see throughout the rest of the month.


  
Zoya Lotus

The Zoya website describes Lotus this way:

"A very soft, dusty blue-toned amethyst purple with colorful shimmer that reflects pink, red and gold. A dreamy smoky shade for purple lovers that looks both soft and luminous."  Perfect description! 


Zoya Gemma

The Zoya website describes Lotus this way:

"Light muted olive green with an overlay of blue and violet duochrome shimmer. Unique, hip and cutting-edge yet subtle enough to suit any wardrobe."  Does it look familiar?  It should, it has graced my tips previously HERE and HERE.  I have a deep abiding love for this work appropriate green!


Today's mani was inspired by Color Happy Nails HERE.  Go send her some love and check out her other great manicures!


 These are Bria's lovely nails, and these looked so Eastery, so I had her grip one of those plastic Easter eggs (tee hee).  And look how nice her cuticles look!  She has been taking very good care of them!





 I started with two coats of Zoya Willow and Seche Vite top coat.  I have heard people complain of Seche Vite shrinkage, but until this polish, I never had any problems.  This shrunk like a wool sweater in hot water!  Going to conduct an experiment in the next few days to see if I can figure out what caused this.  I'll let you know how it goes.



Next, I taped off triangles in the middle of the nails and dotted with Gemma, Lotus and Ozotic Shattered 910.  Not as gorgeous and the inspiration, but lovely none the less.  Check out the colors the other tri polishers chose.

4 comments:

  1. I stopped using seche for this reason! Love what you did with the taping off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used Seche since my first manis' and this is the first time this happened. It happened right after I thinned it, so I am going to do a little experiment with a new bottle vs thinned and see what happens. Plan to do it to night or tomorrow, so watch for the results.

      Delete
  2. This is lovely, very elegant! And my obsessive nature loves that you used three polishes from the same brand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! As soon as I had 2 Zoyas' I knew the third would have to be one too. Luckily I have several to choose from. Thanks for the compliment my obsessive friend.

      Delete