Translate

Sunday, March 3, 2013

My Brutish Copperhead

Please forgive me falling off the grid there.  We had Influenza Type B go through our household.  Seems everybody is better now, but it was touch and go there for a bit.

With all the other challenges I was doing, I kind of have been neglecting my Adventures in Stamping group.  Not this week though!  The theme is stamping with dots.  Here is what I came up with.


I had this mani in mind all February, the snake skin with scales in the shape of hearts.  Here is how I did it.


I started with one of my new indies, LynBDesigns You are the Brute Squad.  A gorgeous copper with scattered holo.

  
It was finally sunny outside and I was able to catch some pics in the daylight....don't be too shocked.  And please forgive the many pics, you should see how many I actually deleted, but I couldn't resist showing you how gorgeous this is in the sunlight.


I just couldn't stop looking at my nails!  This polish defies description, it is sooo....beyond lovely.  It is part of LynBDesign's Dweam Wiffim a Dweam Collection, all based on The Princess Bride.  How glorious is that?  Only thing better is a collection based on Dr. Who, and she has that too.  I love almost every polish from this collection, but unfortunately my budget only allowed me to get a few, plus some others that I have had on my wishlist for awhile.  You will get to see more from LynBDesigns over the next few weeks.  You can purchase this and many other pretties at her Etsy shop HERE.  If you purchase any, send her my love, she deserves it for all her wonderful creations!

Of course, this was for a stamping challenge, so I had to cover up all this loveliness :-(
I used one of my fav stamps, Bundle Monster BM-215.


I stamped first with China Glaze Gold Fusion, a magnetic, yellow gold polish that is perfect for stamping.  Must be the metal.  If I were to do this again, I wouldn't use the gold as it covered up too much of the beautiful Brute.

 Then I stamped again with China Glaze Brownstone.  This is also a perfect polish for stamping, a reddish brown that reminds me of bricks.
    
 Finally I dotted some of the scales with Spoiled Cougar Attack in a heart shape.

I may have to try this again, with a different color scheme.  What do you think?  What colors would look good? 

No comments:

Post a Comment