Translate

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Guess What Day It Is

There is so much going on here at my little blog that I want to talk about, but that's for later.  Right now we have NAILS!  Specifically, Bria's St. Patrick Day nails and the last day of the Let It Snow Challenge.


Please forgive the roughness at the cuticles.  I am having some issues with top coat shrinkage that I am trying to figure out.  When I come to my conclusions, I will let you know what I find.  In the meantime, let me tell you what I used for this bright, fun mani.

 I started with two coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lickety Split Lime.  This is the first Insta-Dri I have not been entirely happy with.  It is great for stamping!  But as a base, it was runny and flooded the lateral nail edges horribly.  How can something so opaque be so thin at the same time?  I have other lime green polish that I probably would have used, but we started this mani about 30 minutes before Bria's bedtime and I needed a base that would dry quickly.....All the Insta-Dris' do that.


Next I sponged Pretty Serious Liquid Leprechaun on the tips.  Don't you just love that name?  And perfect for a St. Patties day mani!  This technique gives you no idea of the beauty of this gorgeous green and gold jelly/glitter polish.  I am tempted to stop right now and swatch it so you can see, but that's what Google is for, right?  Go now and see the beauty of this fine glitter fest!  Wait!  Come back!  Don't you want to know what is next (tee hee)?

Finally, I stamped with Bundle Monster BM03 and China Glaze Magnetix Gold Fusion.

  
Bria loved these!  I am so happy that I have a girl that lets me paint her nails. I don't think I would have worn this mani to work, but it is perfect for her!  Watch for my work appropriate Irish mani later today.

One last word before you check the other manis'.  Thanks to the Nail Challenge Collaborative group for this challenge.  I really have enjoyed it!  If you are interested in a more manageable challenge than a 31 day, check this Facebook group HERE.  They have another challenge starting in April.



No comments:

Post a Comment