Translate

Monday, March 11, 2013

Finally 2 Fingered!

From the first time I opened nail mail and saw Butter London Two Fingered Salute, I have been dying to wear it!  I have practiced at least 3 different designs on my lovely nail pebbles (don't know what I'm talking about?  Check THIS post), but for one reason or another, it never ended up on my tips.  Always some challenge or indie that called to be worn.  Not anymore!  Today is the day!


  I created this for the Adventures In Stamping group.  The theme was a plate ending in 6.  It started with two coats of the fore mentioned Two Fingered Salute.

Without Flash
With Flash
Butter describes this color as a "Muted, patinaed green crème with copper microglitter."  I think they describe it to a T!  They also describe a two fingered salute as "A hand gesture, similar to “giving the bird” in the States. Naughty, naughty!"  Tee hee!  I absolutely love this, it really does remind me of one of those old, patina-ed copper domes you see on some Catholic churches.  Gorgeous!  


The I stamped with Revlon Copper Penny and BM216.

  This is a french tip stamp, but I used it vertically on half the nail.  Then I added Julep Minka on the bottom of the "diamonds" with a dotting tool.

I really like how this turned out!  Even got a couple of compliments from patients, which is always a good indication that I am not just high on my own polish fumes (tee hee).  One last photo, because I can't resist.
 
 
Thanks for looking! 
Tina  

 

4 comments: